How do I get my property back after I’ve been arrested?

If you had personal property with you at the time of arrest the property will be given to the NYPD Property Clerk Division. The clerk is responsible for cataloging, safeguarding, and storing any property that is taken from you. While you are supposed to receive a pink "property voucher" listing the property taken, in many cases you will not receive a voucher and your attorney can contact the ADA and precinct to try and locate your voucher. Additionally, once you are released you can often call the precinct where you were arrested to obtain back any property that is not being held as evidence.