Common Questions About Criminal Defense
At Schneider Law PLLC, we understand that being accused of a crime is intimidating and can leave you with many questions. With years of success and experience on our side, we have the answers you need.
We Have Answers To Your Criminal Defense FAQs
To help you, we have compiled a list of questions our clients commonly ask.
Bail And Release
- When is bail set?
- What is Release on Own Recognizance (ROR)?
- What is remand?
- Where do I pay bail in New York?
- Should I contact a bail bondsmen?
- Can the conditions of bail change?
- What is a bail surety hearing?
- How do I get my bail back?
- When will I get my bail back?
- Can my attorney request a change of bail after the arraignment?
Grand Juries And Indictments
- What is a 180.80 date?
- Do I have the right to testify before the grand jury?
- Can I have a lawyer with me when I testify before the grand jury?
- Who can ask me questions during grand jury proceedings?
- What happens if the grand jury votes to indict me?
- When do I get to see the transcript of witnesses who testified before the grand jury?
- If the prosecutor did not indict me, can they try again?
Have More Questions? Get Answers.
Our Manhattan-based lawyer knows that you have many questions about the criminal defense process, your rights and trial logistics.