Common Questions About Criminal Defense
At Schneider Law PLLC, we understand that being accused of a crime is intimidating and can leave you with many questions. With years of success and experience on our side, we have the answers you need.
We Have Answers To Your Criminal Defense FAQs
To help you, we have compiled a list of questions our clients commonly ask.
Bail And Release
- When is bail set?
- What is Release on Own Recognizance (ROR)?
- What is remand?
- Where do I pay bail in New York?
- Should I contact a bail bondsmen?
- Can the conditions of bail change?
- What is a bail surety hearing?
- How do I get my bail back?
- When will I get my bail back?
- Can my attorney request a change of bail after the arraignment?
Grand Juries And Indictments
- What is a 180.80 date?
- Do I have the right to testify before the grand jury?
- Can I have a lawyer with me when I testify before the grand jury?
- Who can ask me questions during grand jury proceedings?
- What happens if the grand jury votes to indict me?
- When do I get to see the transcript of witnesses who testified before the grand jury?
- If the prosecutor did not indict me, can they try again?
Have More Questions? Get Answers.
Our Manhattan-based lawyer knows that you have many questions about the criminal defense process, your rights and trial logistics.
Attorney at Law
Competent, Caring and Highly Effective!
Doug is a fantastic lawyer and skillfully helped me navigate an exceptionally trying period of my life. He is candid, honest, and provided me with excellent advice. I cannot say enough about his integrity, work ethic, and genuine care for his clients. Doug allowed me to reclaim my life and I would recommend him to anyone who finds themselves in need of counsel.
Mr. Schneider was compassionate, timely and very responsive throughout my case. From the beginning I felt I was in the capable hands of a true professional who was not only caring and considerate but extremely intelligent.
You will not regret!!!!!
I had a great experience with Douglas Schneider as he was very clear and consistent when explaining the legal process and my rights. Douglas was able to answer all my questions and kept me informed about every step of my case. I highly recommend Douglas.