How do I get my property back after I’ve been arrested?

If you had personal property with you at the time of arrest the property will be given to the NYPD Property Clerk Division. The clerk is responsible for cataloging, safeguarding, and storing any property that is taken from you. While you are supposed to receive a pink “property voucher” listing the property taken, in many cases you will not receive a voucher and your attorney can contact the ADA and precinct to try and locate your voucher. Additionally, once you are released you can often call the precinct where you were arrested to obtain back any property that is not being held as evidence.

Douglas M. Schneider
Douglas Schneider
Attorney at Law

Client Testimonials

Competent, Caring and Highly Effective!

Doug is a fantastic lawyer and skillfully helped me navigate an exceptionally trying period of my life. He is candid, honest, and provided me with excellent advice. I cannot say enough about his integrity, work ethic, and genuine care for his clients. Doug allowed me to reclaim my life and I would recommend him to anyone who finds themselves in need of counsel.

Wonderful Attorney

Mr. Schneider was compassionate, timely and very responsive throughout my case. From the beginning I felt I was in the capable hands of a true professional who was not only caring and considerate but extremely intelligent.

You will not regret!!!!!

I had a great experience with Douglas Schneider as he was very clear and consistent when explaining the legal process and my rights. Douglas was able to answer all my questions and kept me informed about every step of my case. I highly recommend Douglas.